Munsiyari in Uttarakhand is a beautiful town nestled amongst the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. The scenic views are a...
Building and maintaining a connection of empathy, dignity and valuing between the issues of the poor and the rich..
Build an economic bridge between cities and villages, by sharing surplus of one’s prosperity to address lack of resources of another.
Use urban surplus and Rural efforts as two alternate development currencies to bring dignity and a better life for communities in cities and villages across India..
Village communities are being vitalized, as their standards of living improve with material inputs.
Reduction in cash expenditure for low-income households, expanding their spending power in small but critical ways.
In the process massive urban waste is constructively utilized instead of becoming an environmental disaster.
Goonj’s Intervention on Key Issues
- Digging / cleaning / making of ponds, canals & wells
- Rainwater harvesting / groundwater recharging
- Making reservoirs, check dams, new ponds for water catchment
- Cleaning and reviving defunct ponds, reservoirs
Access & Infrastructure
- Road repair
- Bridge related
- Drain/toilet making/repairing
- Road making
- Dustbin making/repairing
- Road cleaning
- Cleaning of hand-pump premises
- Drainage making/cleaning
- Village colony cleaning
- Community center/school/park cleaning
- Kitchen garden
- Land bunding
- Community farming
- Vermi compost pit making
How we do it
* Figures in FY16/17/18