A group of women clad in the graceful traditional Rajasthani attire walked into Goonj’s Delhi processing center, it was a...
To built an active, reliable time-tested network of stakeholders in both rural & urban India ensuring our response time for generating & channelizing disaster relief & rehabilitation resources is fast & customised to changing needs.
- Through the year we educate common masses about sensitivities of giving in disasters, creating a culture of mindful giving.
- Bring attention to preventable disasters like winter to reduce deaths and suffering in this season primarily due to non- availability of clothing.
- Focus on rehabilitation activities.
- Masses are sensitized about mindful giving towards dignity of receiver
- In disaster zones, relief material acts as tool for involving people in rebuilding their lives & damaged infrastructure.
- Rehabilitation tool kits provided to people who lose their livelihood in disaster. And thus reduce migration towards urban.
Every year, low-lying areas of India witness heavy spell of monsoon rains. This is followed by devastating floods and landslides. For thousands of people, this means a loss of shelter, land and livelihood. This year has been no different.
Situation is grim and a large part of Kerala is severely affected. Non-stop rains and regular release of water from the dams is making it worse. Tamil Nadu, parts of North-east and some other states are also going through a real rough monsoon phase.
We are there and are gearing up for a short term and long term work like earlier big disasters. We, along with its partner organizations are working tirelessly on the ground to provide immediate support. We need your support to provide urgent rehabilitation and long-term assistance to the affected communities.
We certainly need you too.. more people, resources, material and money.
Please refer to our Campaign for details.
Monetary Contributions- Critical for logistics and essential purchases, click here- https://goonj.org/contribute/ (All monetary contributions are tax exempted u/s 80G) **OR drop a cheque/ draft in the name of GOONJ in any HDFC branch or send to GOONJ, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076, Tel.- 011- 41401216/26972351. with your full name, address and tel no. for receipt purpose.
Material- Blankets & woolens, tarpaulins/ old flex & ropes, mosquito nets, Dry ration- ( rice,pulses, spices, rava, tea, sugar), toiletries, cooking utensils, Cooker (3 or 5 lts only ISI marked), buckets & mugs, water purifier tablets, candles & match boxes, solar lights, kids clothing, sarees, blouse, petticoat, lungis, bed sheets and curtains, new undergarments, slippers, toys and school material.
- Organize collection camps in schools, colleges, offices and residential areas.
- Connect us with people who can send material in bulk.
- Run payroll contribution campaign in your work place
- Reach out to your friends, colleagues and relatives
* Figures in FY16/17/18