Interning at Goonj is fun if you want to explore and take yourself out of your comfort zone. Learning and absorbing will off course be a part of the process but we want you to take back something for a lifetime. At Goonj things are quite focused and goal oriented but we take our mantra of ‘Masti mey kaam and kaam mey Masti’ very seriously!!. If you have an open mind, doer attitude and tons of excitement to experiment, this is the place for you.. Some days maybe mundane or repetitive but Think about it this way.. ‘Behind every beautiful garden there are gardeners who are constantly at work, getting their hands dirty.” Goonj is known pan India and worldwide because of its attention to minute details so that the last person’s dignity is nurtured. Your activity, however mundane, adds value to what is reached out with dignity to the last person. How is that for meaningful work?
Applying for Internship
Internship opportunities are offered at Goonj’s Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad,Chennai, Kolkata, and Mumbai office.. There is no good or bad time to apply but there is a selection process.
- Write to us on email@example.com with your resume, duration (dates) and preferred location for your internship.
- Minimum duration for internship at Goonj is one month.
- Three phased selection Process; Write to us expressing clearly Why Goonj. To know more about Goonj visit www.goonj.org or our social media channels – facebook page, twitter handle, Youtube channel, instagram. You can also visit our nearest Office cum Processing Center.
- You will be asked to answer 3 key questions. (P.S: Copy pasted text is easy to recognize..)
- Selected applicants will be invited to an informal meeting at our Delhi Office. If can’t make it for some reason we can talk through a skype/telephone call.
- People selected in the second round will be asked to share a task and an action plan to take up during your internship.
Interns from abroad
Applying from abroad? Do ensure all necessary documentation, approvals and visa formalities are in place before applying to Goonj. Please share your documents and permissions to initiate the process at Goonj.
No stipend is paid for internship at Goonj.
Happy to help with arranging accommodation and other aspects but given our limited resources, are unable to offer accommodation and other stay related arrangements.
You will be working in close co-ordination with Team Goonj. We work Monday – Saturday (10am to 5pm) and expect the interns to follow the same timings.
Work from Home
The idea is to give you maximum exposure to our work environment therefore ‘Work-from- home’ is not encouraged.
For pro-active, multi-lingual and willing to learn interns, the sky is the limit.. If you know any specific skill or you have a specific interest/wish list, do let us know. Our priority is to ensure that you get to explore your skills and strengths by working on different aspects of our processes.