“ One of the key behavioural changes which I think is that now I have become way much more mindful of the privileges that I’ve had. With respect to the past few months, I’ve grown up in a very sheltered and privileged environment. Stepping out of my comfort zone and in such a big way has made me more resilient and adaptable as a person.”
Goonj Sanjha Fellowship
Applications for Goonj Fellowship, have been closed !
Application is open now !!
Goonj’s Sanjha Fellowship was launched to promote and affiliate with individual social entrepreneurs. The objective of this fellowship is to develop a sense of community between Goonj’s Sanjha partners who are the doers and thinkers, who act as change makers.
12-month engagement program that provides a platform for collective experience, cross-learning and implementing collaborative work.
This Fellowship aspires to share the legacy of values of Goonj, play an enabling role for the development sector individuals who have an in-depth understanding of last mile issues and are applying their knowledge, resources and wisdom to bring about the change.
Major Take Aways:
- Co-learning, Cross learning
- A deeper understanding of their own work
- Exposure to the larger ecosystem
The Sanjha Fellows are:
- Doers and not just thinkers
- Understand and resonate with Goonj’s values
- Innovative and ideate for collaborative work
- Changemakers of the society
Immersing into realities
Fellows will have an immersion phase where they. work on mapping of specific urban and rural communities to get a deeper understanding of their living.
They get a chance to observe and engage with communities by visiting the fields areas of the organization to understand the core issues.
Fellows get a chance to explore their interest areas and chart out a plan for themselves
upon which they act.
The year long programme, includes
● Urban phase where Fellows will be deeply engaged in various urban initiatives, events, and operations of Goonj such as engaging in
urban campaigns. A perfect opportunity to witness our work with urban communities, partners, and stakeholders.
● Rural phase where fellows will be thrown deep into our rural programs and operations. To learn from grassroots knowledge and traditional wisdom, the very foundation of our objectives.
● Self exploration phase which is an unique window of time to go through some self-churning, and identify interest areas or domains one is passionate about. During the entire fellowship process, An attempt is made to guide fellows by experts of social sector from Goonj and other organizations. And regular review meets are organized to discuss on the experiences, learnings, challenges and personal growth of fellows and to chart out a plan for the next phase.
This fellowship has been all about meeting new people, listening to different stories and experiencing and exploring new prospects. The most important and valuable gain I have gotten from is the ‘safe space’ from my fellow ‘fellows’. Sharing our experiences and learnings and so much more in between. This feeling of camaraderie and belonging is what this Fellowship had given me.
“These past few months have been extremely humbling. I have had the chance to meet people from so many different backgrounds – from the fanciest corporate offices in Mumbai to people begging on the streets. This has made me understand different lives and livelihoods. Each and every task during the course of the fellowship has given me a chance to introspect and acknowledge the privilege in my life. It has made me self-aware and has given me new perspectives to approach issues.”
“The fellowship experience has been very equivocal for me. With each passing day you get to learn a new reality as to how things function on ground, and the more you learn, the more unlearning happens. At times it gets overwhelming, but other times it helps me to gain a better perspective. This journey is definitely something to embark upon as it helps us to broaden our vision and align it with the everyday realities in which we live.”
“My journey is a word would be: Emotion, Goonj is an emotion to me. The journey as a fellow has been an eye opening experience yet filled with small junctures of overwhelming moments because what I saw at ease or worked effortlessly has been built by the continuous effort of so many members.
I had got a glimpse of the value Goonj does of every shred of cloth yet being a fellow I am living that feeling every day.. It made me look at realities, situations and problems with a different perspective. It gave me a new family who is pushing me into newer situations to tackle with uninterrupted guidance.”