Recognising ‘Best Practices’ Easing Menstrual Challenges
Menstruation is a fact of life for countless women yet almost every woman lives with one or many menstrual horror stories. The challenges that women face every month, can’t be left any more to be tackled by menstrual experts or policy makers.
Goonj was among the first organizations in India, more than a decade ago, to openly talk about menstrual hygiene in the larger discourse and in the development sector. Our initiative Not Just a Piece of Cloth (NJPC) focuses on making menstruation normal as a human issue and evolving solutions for women’s menstrual challenges.
We feel bringing multiple transactional, social, cultural, financial menstrual challenges into the narrative of organizations and people focused deeply on holistic development work, will help in addressing it.
If you or your organization has evolved and implemented some ideas/practices to ease this challenge, we want to hear from you. We are recognizing and highlighting best menstrual practices and ideas to motivate others to do the same and to create a healthy ecosystem with knowledge-based sharing, cross-learning and networking.
Last date to submit your entry: April 30th, 2019
You can also courier a hard copy of your entry titled ‘Menstruation Dialogue Entry’ to Goonj, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076
- You are a formal/ informal group working on women’s issues
- Your main initiative must be from any other domain of development work (i.e. your main work must not be directly related to menstruation) and have incorporated menstruation.
- You have qualitative/quantitative evidence to support your best practice. (pictures, media articles, data, stories)
- Your idea should either be ongoing or done in past 1 year
- Applications are open to For Profit and Nonprofit organizations globally.
You can also courier a hard copy of your entry titled –
‘Menstruation Dialogue ‘Entry’ to Goonj, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-76