Something significant to share… NASA, USAID and US State Department have just recognized GOONJ as a ‘Game Changing Innovation’ after a world wide search and selection.
GOONJ was called to NASA to present its innovation to a selected council of people. Our Cloth for Work and Not just apiece of cloth (sanitary pad) work got wide appreciation. GOONJ’s core philosophy of ‘building a parallel economy by using old material as a resource’ got wider acclaim.
Do take out a few minutes to get the glimpses of the session- http://www.youtube.com/watch?
My heartfelt thanks to Team GOONJ; a bunch of young, energetic, creative youths for their trust and dedication!! And thanks to thousands of volunteers and well wishers all across for trusting the idea!!
A few more updates below..
* GOONJ launches it’s campaign for the ‘Joy of Giving Week’ (October 2nd to 8th)
This is your turn to participate, volunteer and do something meaningful. We will soon be uploading more information onwww.goonj.org. Write back with your suggestions, interest & ideas to email@example.com and share it with as many people as you can!!
* Run for GOONJ at Delhi & Mumbai Marathon
Register yourself for Goonj for Delhi Half Marathon (September 30th, 2012) and Mumbai Marathon (January 20th, 2013). There are various options for corporates & individuals to participate, please refer-http://www.goonj.org/
* While GOONJ is working extensively in Assam, there are sudden & devastating floods in many other parts of the country. It is important to intensify our efforts. This time people and corporate support has really been low due to lack of media attention. Our team, traveling in the interiors of some of these areas reports a grim situation. Do gear up and see what best can we do as common citizens !!. Refer- http://goonj.org/?
And here is a small list of our immediate requirements-
- 25 high end computers/ laptops, large quantity of one side used papers, cotton clothes
- Transport charges/ connection with transporters
- School material supplies
- Sponsorship for EASY sanitary pads and School kits
- Space for material storage in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Bhubneshwar and Jalandhar
- Payroll Giving initiative in corporate (All financial contributions to GOONJ are tax exempted u/s 80 G)